What is Noopept?
Among the rapidly growing supplement category of Nootropics, Noopept happens to be something that’s perhaps the most popular. Noopept is the official brand name for N- phenylacetyl-L-prolyglycine ethyl ester, which is a synthetic Nootropic molecule.
This supplement provides a similar type of effect as Piracetam and can be felt like a mild boost to cognition after ingestion. According to some sources, this substance also provides a weak psychostimulatory effect. After being invented in Russia, it spread throughout Europe and then made its way to North America.
Most users of this supplement have reported that it’s unlike anything they ever tried and has shown noticeable effects in a very short period of time.
How does Noopept work?
This substance is closely related to aniracetam and piracetam though some reports suggest that it might be up to 1000x more powerful than the supplements. This substance (0.2mg/kg) has been noted to improve alpha wave function and spindle-like activity in certain tested brain regions as similar to Piracetam (400mg/kg).
On the other hand, an increase in beta 1 wave function and decrease of delta function was observed in the hippocampus and right cortex. Another study on animals regarding the comparative potency of Noopept and Piracetam found that they experienced enhancement of cognitive ability with 10mg/kg Noopept than what they did with 200mg/kg of piracetam.
This is conclusive evidence that Noopept is a far better nootropic supplement than piracetam. Most reviews are unanimous as well.
Benefits of this supplement…
This substance releases certain neurotransmitters in the brain that are often associated with memory and learning. To sum up the benefits in a small section, these are all the effects that this substance has to offer:
· This supplement is sought after because it is known to help protect the brain by leaving apoptosis and oxidative stress.
· There are also reports that indicate that it may be able to reverse brain damage slightly, even though it is not 100% certain.
· Users reported an improvement in mental energy, which can be compared to lifting a sort of “brain fog” that will make perception of everything more clear
· This substance is good for supporting overall mental health by protecting the neurons from suffering the effects of brain damage
· Many users were also able to notice decrease in their stress and anxiety levels that contributed towards boosting production, motivation, and drive
· It also works as an antioxidant and gets rid of toxin buildup from the body
· This supplement improves brain communication by facilitation growth of new synapses that connect the right and left hemispheres of our brain
· And lastly, it enhances ones learning capability, which is why its popular among many students wanting to get ahead in class
Common Side effects…
As far as research has found, this supplement has a significantly lower risk of causing any side effects when correctly used. Adults have a natural ability to reap its benefits and improve their overall brain health without causing any harm. But, if you’ve used Nootropics in the past then you probably know that they always have a slight chance of causing headaches.
However, there is no reason to worry about experiencing headaches with using Noopept because it affects different receptors than other nootropics available in the market today. Irritability, however, is a common side effect that many people have reported having experienced.
If you’re taking medication for any mental condition, then consult a doctor before taking this supplement as it could interfere with the natural effects. Finally, if you’re pregnant or under the age of 18 then it’s highly recommended that you do not try taking the substance as the makers themselves have warned about it.
Noopept has to be taken in doses that are much lower than piracetam as it is very potent and almost always shows instant results. The regular dosage for a healthy adult should be 10 to 30 mg depending on their need. This dosage amount is much smaller than the 4800 mg dosage that is considered normal in case of piracetam.
If you experience any adverse side effects after ingesting this supplement, then discontinue immediately and seek the advice of a doctor.
How to take Noopept
This is a semi-water-soluble substance, which means it mixes partly with liquid but leaves behind a bit of clumping. While it may not taste all that great when mixed with water, mixing it with juice or any other flavored liquid makes its taste next to non-existent.
You can start taking the supplement by taking 10 mg in the morning, and later bump it up to 10 mg in the morning and another 10 mg in the evening. You can then later change the doses to 10 mg in the morning and 20 mg in the evening if you don’t experience any adverse side effects.